Tuesday, October 22, 2013

A Time to Recuperate by Andy Scheer

This past week I've not done much writing.

A viral infection has sapped my energy. I've stayed close to home and done what tasks I can. I've taken a lot of naps, watched playoff baseball, and finished reading a long novel.

I've chosen to set aside two assignments. The deadlines are still a few weeks off. I've already assembled the framework for what I expect write. I know that if I force myself to attempt those projects, I won't be able to give them my best work.

One of those projects involves a week's worth of devotions. I suspect there's a lesson from this season of waiting and weakness that I can apply – if not in this project, then sometime ahead.

I don't yet appreciate being forced to wait, but I'm trusting that perspective will come.

1 comment:

Linda Glaz said...

It is so hard to be patient, no matter what the circumstance. Sheesh! So hard. And not feeling well to boot? Not priceless!