Wednesday, July 16, 2014

The Importance of Mindset by Diana Flegal

In all things it is important to maintain a good mindset and think happy thoughts.

Recently, in my quiet times and from those that I allow to speak into my life in the role of teacher, I have been reminded to replace critical self talk with more positive words.

Many a tea bag has offered me proverbs on thinking better thoughts toward myself. 

Writers often self flagellate.

According to the Free Dictionary by Farlex: 

self-flag·el·la·tion (slfflj-lshn)
n.
1. The act of severely criticizing oneself.
2. The act of punishing oneself.
Today, I would like to give you permission to make a list of all the things you like about yourself and your writing.

And next time, buy the tea bags with good things to say on the bag tag.
Life is too short not to giggle a time or two a day!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Diana, thank you for the reminder to celebrate our strengths. We need hope to motivate us to keep on writing and improving. I'd forgotten about an article I read that encouraged writers to do what works and not over focus on what doesn't. Balance seems to be the key.

Blessings ~ Wendy ❀

Diana Flegal said...

Yes Wendy, So true. :-)