Wednesday, July 9, 2014

A Word Fitly Spoken or Written by Diana L. Flegal

Many of us have heard or read something that redirected the steps of our lives. We were perfectly positioned for a word in season. It is usually when we have exhausted all our effort, say 'uncle' and allow God to speak.


God delights in orchestrating our lives. Similar to the conductor of an orchestra, who gathers many skilled musicians and brings them into a harmonious tune, He gathers us together for the purpose of drawing out of us the skills we posses, for the glory of His name.


 I am a curious seeker of truth. Throughout my life, words I have heard or read have redirected my life's path.


A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver. Proverbs 25:11


A small word, like a rudder can steer a huge ship or can change the course of our lives. Might that be why God cautions us to let our words be few, and seasoned with salt? (a little salt goes a long way in bringing out the best)


I have read nonfiction and fiction titles and received encouragement. Sometimes the word on a coffee mug sent to me by a friend or coming across a quote I wrote down a long while back, is just what I need to be reminded of. Receiving a note in the mail from a friend saying simply, I was thinking of you today.


Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof. Proverbs 18:21


Chose wisely what you say and write; socially and in your WIP. (Work in progress).


Short or long, speak and write life.










6 comments:

Rick Barry said...

Diana, your elegant post speaks much more than the brief number of words here. Thanks for sharing!

Sandy Ardoin said...

Well said! :)

Linda Glaz said...

Amen, words like apples of gold.

Jeanette Levellie said...

Oh, Diana, how true this is! When we were a young couple with two kids, travelling and singing at churches, I lamented to the Lord that we were not a clone of the VonTrapp Family singers, or the Gaithers. We just sang a few little songs that encouraged people for an hour. Then the Lord showed me that when I was down, a "few little words of encouragement" meant life to my soul. I changed my mind about the power of words then and there.
Keep preachin', sistah!

Jeanette Levellie said...

Oh, Diana, how true this is! When we were a young couple with two kids, travelling and singing at churches, I lamented to the Lord that we were not a clone of the VonTrapp Family singers, or the Gaithers. We just sang a few little songs that encouraged people for an hour. Then the Lord showed me that when I was down, a "few little words of encouragement" meant life to my soul. I changed my mind about the power of words then and there.
Keep preachin', sistah!

Elaine W. Miller said...

Thanks Diana. So true. So thankful for The Word Who whispers sweetness to me when the world screams the bitter lies. I reposted -- twice.

Elaine W. Miller
www.SplashesofSerenity.com