Tuesday, July 1, 2014

I Didn't Check Facebook Today by Andy Scheer

I didn't check it yesterday, and I may not check it tomorrow.

I'm not trying to be anti-social, but at this stage I see little return from it. Were I actively looking for new clients or trying to promote a product, I expect I'd be singing a different tune.

But I have more than enough work to keep me busy. So unless I'm procrastinating, posts from near-strangers hold little interest.

If real friends want to get in touch, they have my email address or phone number. Those personal associations run far deeper than ones based on a click from a stranger.

If you find value in social media, good for you. But if you find yourself spending time with those sites only from a sense of obligation, maybe there are better options.

No comments: