Friday, November 4, 2011

Twitter Test Drives a New Timeline Feature

For those of you still trying to figure out Twitter--how to use it and how to make the most of it in building your platform, soon you will have more new features to discover. Apparently, Twitter is test driving a new timeline on a few accounts, which allows users to expand conversations and see who and how many people retweeted a message from inside the timeline. Mine isn't one of the test drive accounts, but I'm interested in what might happen when it is officially rolled out and I'm affected. This is why I'm sharing this info with you.

I've attached a video below, which demonstrates the new feature. Are you using Twitter? Is your account one of the test driven ones? If so, please share. If not, what other questions do you have about Twitter? I'll try to help if I can.



7 comments:

Keli Gwyn said...

Thanks for the heads up, Jennifer. Looks like Twitter will be adding some cool new features.

Jennifer Taylor said...

Keli, You're welcome. It looks interesting. I'm finding Twitter to be more and more valuable in my networking than I originally thought it would be.

Jeanette Levellie said...

Yes, I Tweet every day, but am still a fledgling, so haven't utilized it to the fullest.

I noticed I receive an email when someone responds to one of my tweets, then a link that says, "respond to (that person)" but when I click on the link, it only takes me to Twitter, not the person I want to respond to. So I have to search for them to respond. Isn't there an easier way to link back to them?

Thanks for all your help, Jennifer!

Jen

Jennifer Taylor said...

Jeanette, Instead of clicking on the link, try clicking on their user name the @name. That should take you directly to their page.

Jennifer Taylor said...

It may be that you aren't logged into Twitter. Try logging into Twitter b4 checking your email. The link will probably work if you do that. If you log out of Twitter each time you leave Twitter, you'll need to relog back in b4 you can use Twitter from email, another blog or website, or a text.

Millie Samuelson said...

Exactly where I am -- I have an account but I'm not using it. . . thanks for the info! One of my writing buddies credits her twittering for most of her sales of over 2000 indie pubbed Kindle books in the past two months (and she was a total unknown). So I want to "get with it". . . soon. . . :-)

Carrie Fancett Pagels said...

I am not a test drive Twitter user either. Sounds interesting. They are changing Blogger formats, too. Twitter is one of those things where I wonder do people really read the posts and in some cases they do. Probably depends upon your preferred method of receiving messages.