Thursday, September 24, 2015

My website by Terry Burns

My personal website has a new look.

My daughter, Teri Burns, owner of LoneMesaPublishing.com updated and streamlined it now that I don't have clients to showcase there or agent information and links to show. The same link www.terryburns.net now goes to the new page or it also has a www.terryburns.us link where the site is actually located among the websites that she manages. She did a nice job on it and we are still tweaking it. It is one of the author services that she offers to writer clients that want to contract with her for assistance.

I am retiring, but still may do a little consulting for writers under the umbrella of Lone Mesa and maybe help her with a little overflow work. It's like trying to quit smoking, I can't really quit "cold turkey."

I'm going to put an auto-respond on my Hartline email address to keep me from having to send the same message to all the submissions that continue to come in, to point them to the agency submission guidelines and to point out the contact information for the other Hartline agents.

Technically I am still on board through the end of October but I have ceased to do many of the functions and I am taking the time to wrap things up. Yes, I told agent friends that I know I am under no obligation to help clients find a new home, but they are more than clients, they are friends. So I am doing what I can to help them make the transition.

The new header on the website is going to go up on my personal facebook page as well at https://www.facebook.com/TerryWayneBurns.  My author facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/TerryWayneBurnsAuthor?fref=ts Teri also handles but it got a facelift recently and is not being impacted right now.

Yes, I do plan to see if I can still write and plan to work through Lone Mesa for that endeavor as well. I favor what my Western writer friends call "Christian westerns" that a log of my female readers do like but which will hopefully reach out to male readers, particularly nonbelievers.

So I'm in the midst of a lot of change and covet your prayers, but I am still here at the same old email addresses. Just another chapter in the unfolding saga of my life.

3 comments:

Linda Glaz said...

I like the look! Congrats on new adventures ahead!

Londa Hayden said...

Looks really good. Easy to read. Wish I had you as an agent. 😉

Oscar Case said...

Good luck as you ease into retirement.