Monday, September 21, 2015

Home Again…home again! By Linda S. Glaz



Half the laundry’s done, some sleep is caught up, and I’m ready to dig into the waiting work. Was it worth it? Absolutely.
Had a chance to meet with some clients over dinner. Great fun. And to be in attendance when client, Kate Breslin, took home the Carol!

Still searching for a home, just finishing a novel, juggling multiple books, or pulling in the awards, my clients make me proud. Such a talented group of folks from such diverse backgrounds. And they are why I do this job: to see so much amazing talent all in one place.

  
Why am I telling you this? Conferences. Conferences bring an eclectic group of folks together, all in one place, all full of stories, all wanting to find the right home for their stories. And all…getting each other. We know what makes each of us tick. We don’t cringe if we see someone’s lips moving, as if in dialogue, as they stand alone in the elevator. We don’t run the other way if they ask how to murder someone. And we don’t think it odd if they hunch over their laptops when in the middle of dinner. Speaking of dinner, these same odd folks dress up! In costume! By genre! I'm not kidding.

They are writers!
And the joy of spending 4 days squirreled away with so many nuts is called JOY.
Hope everyone arrived home safely, and I’m already planning for next year.
Blessings, all.

8 comments:

Jodie Wolfe said...

Looks like it was lots of fun. I'm planning on attending next year. :)

Terri Tiffany said...

So glad you had a great time!! Welcome back. :)

Linda Glaz said...

Thanks, Jodie and Terri. It was great, but glad to be home.

Diana Flegal said...

Congrats to you and Kate! So exciting!

Karen Wingate said...

It was beyond amazing! You are so right about the joy of being with other people who "get it!" Thanks Linda, for loving us and championing us.

Elaine Stock said...

Welcome back, Linda. Sounds like a great time. I'm looking forward to my much-needed writer's fix next month at Maranatha. Crossing my fingers for ACFW next year.

Nick Kording said...

Loved going and meeting you. Thanks for the great advice. I will never use a tag again... You made me see them differently and made me understand why it matters to work at doing something better. Thank you again.

Linda Glaz said...

Thanks, Diana. I'll pass that along. It WAS fun, Karen! And Elaine, I'm looking forward to it. Nick! Well, you don't have to get rid of all of them. LOL but there are times when they slow the story down. Nice to have met you.