Monday, November 24, 2014

Our Time is Limited by Linda S. Glaz



So, turkey time is already here, and you all know what that means. Christmas is just around the corner.
What does that do to your writing time? Inspire it? Lessen it? Encourage you to finish before the end of the year?
Let’s face it, the clock is ticking; our time is limited.
Me? I begin to panic. I have contest entries to finish judging. Two new clients to work with in order to get their proposals out, and another whose work I just can’t put down for more than five minutes at a time. I have edits on my own book to finish, and a new Christmas anthology that just released and needs marketing.
What do I do first?
Well, I could and should take my own advice.
Relax, enjoy the overeating that will inevitably happen (contrary to all the good intentions) on Thanksgiving, enjoy Black Friday, whether at home or on the run, and watch Christmas movies by the dozens.
Take time to enjoy the holidays. If you aren’t on a deadline, then accept that you need some down time. Family time.
TIME TO EAT THE WHOLE PUMPKIN PIE! At least a couple pieces. Don’t put your family and friends aside to meet your own self-inflicted goal. Cut yourself some slack and enjoy this most wonderful time of the year.
Happy Thanksgiving!

8 comments:

Tom Threadgill said...

Such a busy month, but I'm determined to get some writing done! Hopefully (but not likely), I'll finish my WIP (unedited) by the end of December and then spend a month or so editing before submitting. I think I'm overly optimistic but if I don't set a goal, I know I won't make it!

Linda Glaz said...

You're right, we still need to have goals, we just have to be kinder to ourselves and make them realistic at this busy time.

Jackie Layton said...

At this moment I'm in panic mode. In addition to Christmas, we have five birthdays to celebrate.

I'm still setting goals though.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Davalyn Spencer said...

Black Friday is one of my favorite days. While everyone else is out in crazyland, I'm home writing!

Diana Flegal said...

I saw this on FB so I can not take credit for it but I am setting my scale back 10 pounds for the holidays. Be sure to do likewise. Happy Thanksgiving to you all and Jackie- I said a prayer for you girl! Wow!

Linda Glaz said...

I saw that, too, Diana. Really clever.

Abby said...

Its sounds like you have the right idea!!
I have a request and at this busy time you will probably think I'm crazy! I wondered if you might be willing to answer a few questions about being an agent. There is a character in my book that is an agent and I want her to be realistic. I love your posts and feel like you'd be the perfect lady to answer them. Your enthusiasm and excitement and sometimes frustration is what I want to capture in her character. Would you mind my emailing you a few questions?

Linda Glaz said...

Feel free Abby, I'll do whatever I can.