Monday, September 17, 2012

Update from Joyce



Hello everyone. 
  
Since you don’t hear from me very often, I thought I would bring you up to date on what is happening at the Pittsburgh office, besides the day to day activities.

I was able to attend the ICRS in Orlando in July.  Kathy, my assistant here in the Pittsburgh office went with me.  I couldn’t have done the conference without her.  We had a great time.  We roomed with Diana Wallis Taylor, one of my clients. I met with 26 editors in two days.  Since I hadn’t been to ICRS the last two years, it was good to reconnect with editor friends and to meet a couple new ones. It was also great to see many other friends on the convention floor.  Kathy heard “Joyce & I go waay back.” quite a few times.   I think my first CBA Convention was in 1980. 
 
My birthday was in August and I got three birthday cakes.   I’m watching carbs now. 
Many friends sent cards and messages on Face Book.  It is nice to be remembered.  Thanks to all.

Now I’m getting ready for the ACFW which is only two days away.  I’m having a dinner for my clients and their spouses. It will be at The La Hacienda in Colleyville, TX at 7:00 pm on Wednesday, September 19.  The manager of the restaurant says it is about 10 minutes from the airport.  Terry is having a get together for his clients on Friday night at the hotel.  At last count I will have 21 authors attending the conference. That’s only the jhart authors, not the whole agency. Terry will have 19 authors there.

 If you write fiction, I cannot recommend this conference highly enough.   You will have the opportunity to network with other authors, connect with editors and attend many good workshops. 

God bless and keep you in His care.


5 comments:

Heather Day Gilbert said...

Joyce, happy birthday late! And praying for everyone who goes to conference, esp. my friend Kristy Wedge Cambron, one of your clients!

And wish I could go as one of Andy's clients. Since I can't be there in person, I just did a video pitch over on my blog, in case any editors wanted to hear more about my Viking novel!

Prayers for all! Hoping to go next year!

Rick Barry said...

I agree wholeheartedly about the ACFW conference. For the past three years, I've been privileged to lead the Indiana chapter, and I can't recommend ACFW enough for Christian fiction writers.

Blessings to you, Joyce!

Carrie Fancett Pagels said...

I know the Joyce Hart clients will have an awesome time visiting with you at conference! I won't be there this year due to being obedient to God's direction. Am praying this is a wonderful conference for you, Joyce, full of happy times!!! And nice people, too!!! And with all those Hartline folks there, you can be sure to find kind souls!

Jeanette Levellie said...

Happy Belated Birthday. Now what am I to do with the cake I baked you? Oh, all right, I'll force myself to eat it!

Glad you had a lovely time,
Jen

Cecelia Dowdy said...

Yes, if you are trying to break into the Christian fiction market, then, ACFW is the best! I won't be able to go this year, but, I hope all who attend have a totally awesome time!