Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Indy Christian Writers Conference is open for registration


The 10th Annual Indianapolis Christian Writers Conference, held in Fishers, IN., is November 4-5, 2011. The Keynote Speaker this year is well published beloved author Angela Hunt.

Combined with special guest Todd Burpo, author of Heaven is for Real
, makes this an attractive one 1/2 day conference for those that might consider attending.



Andy Scheer of Hartline commented: The Indianapolis conference is a nice event; I've been there three times with the Guild and am attending this coming November. It's short: half-day Friday and all day Saturday and very well run and organized by the staff of Wesleyan Publishing House. And the facility, at Wesleyan HQ just off exit 10 on I-69 northeast of Indianapolis, is among the best of any conference. With the short duration, there are limited appointment opportunities, but the emphasis tends to be more on teaching the craft than on selling your manuscript.

Jeanette wrote: "I've gone two years, and I loved it. It's small, but that translates to a feeling of intimacy and casualness, and all the editors and agents who attend are super approachable. The presenters are as knowledgeable and articulate as those at the larger conferences. The worship is awesome. The time is manageable, since it's only a day and a half. I hope to attend again this year.


3 comments:

Anne Love said...

Wow, I didn't even know about this conference and I live 3 hrs away. I can't swing the cost or the timing of St. Louis this year, so I'm SO excited to consider this conference. Thanks for this article! :o) Maybe I'll see someone from Hartline.

Linda Glaz said...

Went to Faithwriters again this year. Smaller conf and you get to know the folks so much better than at a large conference.

Jeanette Levellie said...

I'm from Hartline, Ann--look me up, please! I have red hair and laugh a lot.