Friday, July 16, 2010

Thank you

This picture is us with mom at her younger sister's 90th birthday party. She rallied and came out of the hospital to go to the party then the next day went back to the hospital never to come home again. It could not be more clear that God gave her that day to say goodbye.


I have been humbled and astonished by the outpouring of love and concern on the passing of my mother. There have literally been hundreds of emails, blog responses, facebook and twitter notes, cards and letters and flowers, my goodness at the flowers. There were also a lot of memorials sent to the building fund at the church. Just amazing! I'm sorry I could not respond to them individually.

It is true with all the time spent at the hospital, the hospice, and the funeral that I am impossibly behind and struggling to get into the frame of mind to work. My clients have rallied behind me saying submissions on their behalf could wait. A large group of them have offered to be first readers on incoming submissions to help whittle down the stack. And their unfailing love and support has been some of the strongest of all. What a wonderful group of clients I have.

Please accept this as a response to all of those notes that have flooded in and know that the gratitude that Saundra and I feel is as strong and sincere as if we were able to write you individually.

God bless you each and every one.

Terry and Saundra

5 comments:

Bonnie S. Calhoun said...

God bless and keep you and Saundra...and Frisky, at this difficult time in your life. That is a wonderful picture of the three of you. I'm so glad she had the opportunity to be with her sisters before going Home.

God is so good at the way He orchestrates things.

As one of your clients, I'm sure I can say for all of us, take care of yourself first. We love and support you both!

Trish Perry said...

Terry, I'm so sorry about your loss. You certainly were blessed with that rally on your mother's part. Lovely.

Clearly we're never ready for loss like this. You, Saundra, and your family are in my prayers.

Martha Ramirez said...

What a beautiful picture. Praying for you, Saundra and the family. May peace be with you.

Jeanette Levellie said...

You are so welcome, Terry. My dad passed last year, and the kind words meant so much to me.

thank you kid said...

that is deeply moving and i like the picture!!!