Sunday, March 21, 2010

O Worship The King


O Worship the King written by Robin Grant and J. Michael Haydin







O Worship the King, all glorious above,
O gratefully sing His power and His love;
Our Shield and Defender,
The Ancient of Days,
Pavilioned in Splendor,
and girded with Praise.

O tell of His might,
O sing of His grace,
Whose robe is the light,
whose canopy space.
His chariots of wrath
the deep thunder clouds form,
And dark is His path
on the wings of the storm.

Thy bountiful care
what tongue can recite?
It breathes in the air,
it shines in the light.
It streams from the hills,
it descends from the plain,
And sweetly distills
in the dew and the rain.

Frail children of dust,
and feeble as frail,
in Thee do we trust,
nor find Thee to fail;
Thy mercies how tender!
how firm to the end!
Our Maker, Defender,
Redeemer and Friend.

AMEN!


I woke up singing this song this morning and thought I would share it with you all.
May today be one filled with Praise to the one who is worthy!

Diana

5 comments:

writer jim said...

I take the Bible seriously when it says "Let everything that has breath praise the Lord."

One afternoon I was working outside...praising God. Some people seemed to think I was weird. So I told them, "You should all be praising God, too. If you don't want to join me; I'm going to call on animals to join in."
Then I spoke out loudly, "All animals within the sound of my voice: praise our Creator, Almighty God, with me."
Instantaneously: the air was filled with loud beatiful ringing from innumeral birds singing. Dogs all began barking, cat screaming, horses heyyyying, cows mooooing, roosters cock a doodleing, etc. along with unidentifyable sounds of other animals. This went on continuously for about 10 minutes. It was as beautiful of sounds as you ever heard.

I agree with Diana...I love to praise God. And God responds to true pure praise. HE loves our praise so much. Thank God!

Millie Samuelosn said...

What a glorious Sunday posting, Diana! This song will keep me inspired all day. . . O worship the KING. . . YES! AMEN! HALLELUJAH! :-)

Diana Flegal said...

Wow, wouldn't we all have loved to have heard that Chorus along with Jim!

Caroline said...

I love praises! So uplifting. And writerJim, that was some experience. I wish I'd been there too! Thanks for sharing.

Lenore Buth at www.awomansview.typepad.com said...

Thanks, Diana! We always go to the contemporary services at our church, so I haven't sung this beautiful hymn for years. Reading your post I sang along with the words and as always, my heart lifted in praise.

Oh, to write so eloquently in so few words...