Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Interview with Diana's client Doug Varrieur

From the Heart readers I am thrilled to introduce you all to Doug Varrieur. As a personal testimony of the effectiveness of his program, I went down three jean sizes (12 (almost a 14) to a large 6) in just three months. The renewed energy I feel and the continual thanks I receive from my knees tell me this is my new life program. I received Doug’s book and shortly after, sat one evening and read it all the way through. I knew immediately it was a book that the average reader would find refreshing. His book reads like a great novel and the recipes it contains are simple to prepare yet hugely satisfying. When my Dad, who is a diabetic read Doug’s book, he said. ‘Kitten (yes my Dad calls me his kittenJ) this book should be in all the schools across this nation’. I am thinking my Dad is a prophet J.

Doug, tell our readers a bit about yourself and your soon to be published book.

Doug Varrieur, author and businessman. Doug’s personal credo; “help all around you and all will be well” A devoted family man, Doug has been blessed with three great kids, a wonderful grand son and his loving wife Sherri.

My book FAT TO SKINNY Fast and Easy! is helping people all over the world lose weight, balance blood sugar and reverse type two diabetes. FAT TO SKINNY became a success story in short order and was quickly picked up by Sterling Publishing Company, NY, NY


When does your title hit the book stores?


The book will be featured in the Barnes and Nobles “New Year New You” program in January 2010 with great expectations. It will also be available in all book stores and book seller web sites.



How did you research for this book? Where do you get your inspiration?



I was sick of being a fat guy; nothing I did seemed to work.
It was time to get control of it so I devoted all my time to finding the answers and developed my own program.



What are you hoping your writing to accomplish?



I would like to cure obesity and type two diabetes in every human being in need that I can reach worldwide. I have the answers and I won’t rest until I’ve made a major dent in the problem.




How are you using state-of-the-art technology in your everyday writing life?

I like the social networks, Face Book, My Space, You Tube. These give me the opportunity to talk to many people who need my help. Computers have taken the place of the trusted Underwood and open all doors for each of us. The world is a VERY small place with the internet.



Is there an area in your writing that you are working on developing more?

I can now use three fingers when I type, I’m shooting for four J



Have you had to overcome any obstacles in your writing journey?

The FAT TO SKINNY manuscript was rejected by 56 agents and publishers over a period of 90 days. As all of you know, that’s very disheartening. I self published because I thought they were all idiots for not seeing the magic of the book….then came Diana J



What is the most important thing on your current ‘To Do ‘ list?

Finishing this interview J… no just kidding. The FAT TO SKINNY Low Sugar Low Carb Cookbook (350 pages) The FAT TO SKINNY Low Sugar Low Carb Product Guide (175 pages) and The FAT TO SKINNY Sugar and Carb Counter (115 pages) are all within sight of finalization, it’s been a busy summer.



What has been the hardest part of writing your book?

That finger thing again, just keep on pecking awayJ.

What do you hope people will take away from reading your book?

I hope people see the simplicity of weight loss and good health. I hope people find their answers to a longer and healthier life by following my lead.

What new projects are you working on?

FAT TO SKINNY Low Sugar Low Carb Cookbook

FAT TO SKINNY Low Sugar Low Carb Product Guide

FAT TO SKINNY Sugar and Carb Counter

Marketing programs for FAT TO SKINNY Fast and Easy!

A Televised Celebrity Cooking Show

Where can people find out more about you and your writing? The programs and speaking that you do?

http://www.fattoskinny.com/

http://www.youtube.com/user/FATtoSKINNYguru

http://www.varrieur.com/

Facebook and My Space, search- Doug Varrieur

To contact Doug directly DougVarrieur@FATtoSKINNY.com

6 comments:

Jeanette Levellie said...

Diana: I love it that your dad calls you Kitten! That adds an extra smile to my day.

Doug: Good for you for refusing to give up on your dream. Your program is a needed resource. May your book sales go through the ceiling!

Tana said...

Sounds like the book will prove to be invaluable. Diana, I hope it does end up in every school!

Caroline said...

I've been wanting this book since I first heard about it. Is it available now or at the first of the year?

Diana, can WE call you kitten? :)

Diana Flegal said...

Carole;
You can but I might not answer since you don't have a Santa beard like my Dad:-)
Diana

Doug said...

Hi Gang, thanks for the interview "Kitten" :) it was fun and thanks to everyone for the kind words. If anyone would like a full color hard copy I still have a few first editions available. The coolest part was the publisher liked the book just the way I designed and printed it. In the words of Sterlings President, Marcus Leaver to his editorial staff, "leave Doug's book alone, it's perfect just the way it is" I'm told this made history at Sterling, it's never been done before. We did however make a minor change to the cover. Other than that the book is as I wrote and produced it. If anyone would like a first edition copy please go to my web site;

http://www.FATtoSKINNY.com

Thank you all for your support :)

Doug

Anonymous said...

Since I'm a size 12/13, I better get this book ASAP -- actually, my husband needs it maybe more than I do -- I'm not sure I want to be a size 6, dear slim agent Diana, but 10 again would be nice!
HEY Doug, a huge CONGRATS! Your publishing news is exciting and encouraging for all of us waiting-for-a-publisher authors. . . Thanks for sharing! :-)
Millie Samuelson
(I can't get my Google account to work for some reason.)