Monday, June 22, 2015

Always Excited to Head Out by Linda S. Glaz



Well, there you have it. It’s conference time for me. And I’m always excited to head out for conferences.
Yes, it’s a lot of work, a lot of prep, and often a lot of driving, but meeting with folks who “get” us, understand where we’re coming from, and excited to talk about writing which is such a huge blessing. I spent Saturday in Fort Wayne at a workshop. Awesome time and wonderful experience.
Why are conferences so popular?
Where else do writers, agents, and editors all congregate to talk nothing but the writing process and industry?
Are you planning to attend a conference this year?
Where are you going?
If you have a pitch all ready for an editor, did you prepare well? Follow the instructions on their site?
There is no better time to plan ahead than for a conference.
Do your homework, research the agency or publisher, and do your very best work. This is no time to rush your proposal.
If you pass me, say hi. If you have an appointment with me or share a table? Tell me who you are and why you write. I really do want to know.
Yup! I’m excited. Conferences are starting, and I get to meet some of the most amazing people in the world.

No comments: