Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Deadline: Midnight Tonight by Diana Flegal


clock.jpgDeadlines. They blink like a late night neon convenience store light. Or annoyingly buzz like ones bedside pesky alarm, “it’s time to get up!”.

But the mother of them all is midnight APRIL 15th.  

And if you are self employed and have not set aside your quarterly taxes- it is time to pay up.

If you have had a good year- your pay out is big. If you haven’t – well then it’s still painful.

As a writer, you need to think of your writing as a business. Track your expenses and know what you can deduct, and what your state requires as its percent of your back room sales. I know, I know. But we are to render to Caesar what is Caesar’s and give to God what is Gods.

Tonight at 9:00 PM author Aaron Gansky will be offering an online podcast titled: Death and Taxes. It might behoove you to listen in.

bREATH IN BREATH OUT.jpgMe? I will be working on filing my extension, so I will more than likely have to listen to it once it is archived.  

Here is the link. Give Aaron a shout out for me, will ya?

Now where are those toll receipts…

 

 

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks Diana! This post made me also think of the importance of a deadline. I know that I am more productive when I set a self-imposed deadline for a project.