Monday, May 19, 2014

Pitches and Proposals...do you have questions? by Linda S. Glaz



With conferences just around the corner (some have already started), a lot of folks have been asking about proposals and pitches.
We’d like to offer a pitch contest in the next few weeks.
But we’ll like to get some feedback first:
-what are you most concerned about in your proposals?
          -query
          -sample chapters
          -pitch
-what kind of questions do you have about your pitches?
          -length
          -how much to include
-any other questions you’d like to have addressed if we tackle this topic for you. We thought it might be fun to have an interactive day where you can offer a pitch or question, and get answers from some of the professionals at our agency OR from other readers who might have opinions on the topic.
Shoot us some questions you have and we’ll see about setting up a time and date to tackle the toughest ones out there!

2 comments:

Veronica Leigh said...

I think what concerns me most is my query and my sample chapters. I have had my query critiqued by another agent and it was improved, but no one is responding favorably to it. The same goes for my chapters. The agents I have submitted them to only send form rejections; how can I know what needs to be worked on if they don't get specific? Thank you and God Bless!

Linda Glaz said...

It is unfortunate when you get a standard rejection and no reason why, but unfortunately, agents and editors receive so many submissions, it's difficult to respond to all of them as we would like, but don't give up. Never give up. If I had given up early in the game, I would be pubbed, wouldn't be working as an agent. NEVER give up.