Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Favorite Quotes and Phrases Gathered by Diana L. Flegal

I thought I would share a few favorite lines I've recently read, heard online or someone repeated.

The picture to the left? My favorite new addiction. :-)

Heard on twitter this week:  Wendy J Smith @LuvMyboxerEllie You can tell a lot about a woman’s mood just by her hands, for example: if she is holding a gun she’s probably angry.

Quitting is not an option. We are created to be goal oriented.  Joyce Meyer


Sometimes I feel useless but then I remember I breathe out carbon dioxide for plants.

There are no bad emotions. My feelings express what's going on inside right now. —Cecil Murphey

God's a meddler. He meddles in your life and your neighbors and others He wants to bring close. C.S. Heinz in Made to Pray

"It's impossible to throw cold water on a dream birthed in the fire of God's Revelation." ~ Matthew Barnett.

I'm a realist and I KNOW there is some writer out there who has broken every rule there is. But, bringing up every last exception is a confusing way to teach and a fabulous way to make your heads explode. Kristen Lamb on her blog on the whys and why-nots of writing flashbacks

Wouldn't you like to be known as a dealer of Hope? I would.  note from blog post of Dr. Ryan Fraser

Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.' Jeremiah 33:3

So many factors must come into play to allow your work the opportunity to move forward: Passed Over by Linda S. Glaz

Don't waste this perfect storm in your life. It would be a tragedy if you came out of it only half broken. Pastor Nick Honerkamp

I stopped to smell the flowers once. It was awful! #GrumpyCat

Caleb Johnson, Asheville native, is one of the final three in American Idol!



Some of these made me chuckle- others provoked thought and encouraged me. Feel free to share your one liners with us. And happy Over the Hump day!

4 comments:

Davalyn Spencer said...

You made me laugh and consider this morning. Thank you - these were great. My favorite quote? "Preach always. If necessary, use words." (St. Francis of Assisi)

Diana Flegal said...

Davalyn, that is a great one! Thanks for sharing.

Sally Chambers said...

Fun blog post and a good way to end up the day. Here are two I like. "Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." John Wayne and "I want to help you to grow as beautiful as God meant you to be when he thought of you first."
George MacDonald

Diana Flegal said...

Sally, both really great quotes. Glad to make you smile.