Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Good Morning! by Joyce Hart

Good morning to all our faithful blog followers. I looked at the calendar and what do you know, it’s my day to write the blog.

I was thinking about all the things I’m thankful for this past year. I’m thankful for my family and for the good times we’ve had together. I’m thankful for the success of my spinal surgery, I’m able to walk pretty well and I have virtually no pain. I’m thankful for the Hartline Literary Agents; we have the best agents in the industry. They work so hard and do such a good job for our clients. I’m thankful for our church, the pastoral staff and all my friends. As I sat in the congregation last Sunday, I was surrounded by really good friends. What a blessing. I’m also thankful that we haven’t had snow yet this year in Pennsylvania!!

I’m sure some of you have had a lot to be thankful for, but some have had hard trials in this year. I hope that you were able to trust God though it all. I know for sure Sandi Rog is going through the hardest trial of her life probably, and I appreciate all your prayers and support for the Rog family. Thanks to those of you who bought her book.

Jim is teaching a class in Sunday School about Heaven and the afterlife. He’s using Randy Alcorn’s book, Heaven. It is so fascinating and encouraging. I sat next to a friend whose granddaughter was murdered by her boyfriend a couple years ago. A grandmother trying to make some sense out of this terrible tragedy and needing hope about what the afterlife is really like. We, in the church, don’t preach a whole lot about heaven. We know we want to go there and we know we’ll be with the Lord for all eternity but what is it really like? What will we do in Heaven? Just sing praises for all of eternity? Not according to Randy’s book. We’ll be busy and have jobs, it won’t be boring. Of course, best of all we’ll be with our Heavenly Father.

Please pray for Diana Flegal today. Her beloved dad is on his death bed. He will soon be in the presence of Jesus and know the glories of Heaven. He’ll be rejoicing, but the family will be missing him terribly.

As we move into December I pray that in spite of all of the hustle and bustle of the season you will have time to enjoy your families and friends. I hope that decorating the house, buying gifts, baking cookies and church programs will be fun and not a dreaded chore.

Philippians 4:6 & 7 LB says “Don’t worry about anything, instead, pray about everything; tell God your needs and thank him for his answers. If you do this you till experience God’s peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will keep your thoughts and your hearts quiet and at rest as you trust in Christ Jesus”.

May God bless and keep you in His care,

Joyce

5 comments:

Jeanette Levellie said...

Yes, I knew it!! I knew we'd have jobs in Heaven!!! Our creative Master isn't One to waste gifts in His kids, and I love to work. As long as it doesn't involve a mop and a dishrag. Oh, that's right--no dirt up there.

I am praying for Princess Di and her daddy. What an awful time to have to say goodbye. My daddy died on Dec. 20th and his funeral was Dec. 24th the year I was ten. I so look forward to those hellos!

Love you,
Jen

Sandi Rog said...

Thank you for this beautiful post, Joyce. You're a blessing to so many!

Hugs in Him,

Sandi xxx

Cheryle said...

Thanks for blessing us with your thoughts. Wishing you full recovery from your surgery.

Carrie Fancett Pagels said...

Last year was an especially hard one for me and this post was very touching. So glad you are recovered from your surgery and doing well. Praying for Sandi and Diana.

Carrie Turansky said...

Hi Joyce, This was a lovely blog post. I feel like we just sat down for coffee and you shared all those wonderful thoughts with me. I've really enjoyed the blog and reading posts from all of you! Hope this will be wonderful Christmas season for you all.
Blessings,
Carrie