Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Asking for prayer for Sandi Rog, one of Joyce's clients

Asking for prayer for Sandi Rog, one of my clients.

As some of you might know from being on Facebook, Sandi Rog has been diagnosed with cancer. Her publisher has a generous offer that I want to pass along to you.

Sandi’s first novel THE MASTER’S WALL was just released a couple weeks ago by DeWard Publishing. Here is Daniel’s letter:

“Hey all,

This is Daniel DeGarmo with DeWard Publishing Company.
I'm sure all of you are aware of Sandi Rog's latest battle (with cancer - Type T-cell Lymphoma) that just began last week.
As you can imagine, she's devastated, especially considering the timing of all this as her first novel just released last Monday.

Well, considering we are a small publishing company and can pretty much do whatever we want, my business partner and I have agreed to donate an additional $1 per book to a Fund that I'll be setting up this week.
Just so no one thinks we are being shady about the whole deal, this is above and beyond the royalties that Sandi (and her agent) is already incurring with every book sold.


The purpose of this fund is to help out Sandi's family (husband and children) while she is laid up fighting for her life.

What I need from you is simply spread the word. For every copy of "The Master's Wall" that is sold (including Kindle) we will donate $1 to this Fund.
I'll also be setting it up so that it can receive regular donations if anyone is interested in just helping out financially.

I hope to have more information to share in the next day or so but at least for now I would ask that you would do whatever you can do direct people to buy Sandi's book.

Sandi has been copied on this email.....Sandi..Please forward this message on to anyone you think would help us out in getting the word out.
The same goes for you if you've received this email.

I want to close by lifting the following prayer up on Sandi's behalf:

Father, I lift my sister before you as her body has been stricken with disease.
You know, O God, that she has used her gifts to glorify You and spread your wonderful message of grace and love.
It is my humble plea that you would bring her healing and complete recovery. I know You can do this, You are the Great Physician.
Please bring Your Spirit into her home as her husband and children continue to live life without her there. They need You.
May all that is done bring You glory as our God and Father.
In Jesus' name - AMEN!

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Dan”

Sandi is home from the hospital, but is exhausted from the chemo. She would appreciate hearing words of encouragement, so give her a holler on Facebook. Thank you for your prayers for a fellow author.

In His service,
Joyce

13 comments:

Jeanette Levellie said...

Oh, Joyce. I agree with this prayer for healing and Sandi's family.

I will pray for Sandi, and re-post this on my FB wall today.

Thanks for letting us know. We need each other to win the battle over darkness.

Love you,
Jen

Joyce Hart said...

Jeanette - thank you so much. I just got a note from Sandi and she has Stage 4 T-cell Lymphoma Cancer, very rare and very agressive. She got it as a side effect of one of her MS Drugs. She has to have six chemo & radiation treatments. The doctors feel they can beat it, but she really needs prayers these next six weeks. They will eventually treat her with stem-cells from her own body.
Thanks for caring.

Trish Perry said...

Thanks for posting this, Joyce. I wanted to post about Sandi on my blog, too. I hope you don't mind that I'm kind of lifting what you posted--I figure getting the word out is more important than trying to say the same thing several different ways. Right?

Poor Sandi. As if dealing with the MS wasn't already a horrible burden.

Joyce Hart said...

Trish - please go ahead and post this on your blog. I don't mind at all that you've lifted what I've put on our blog. I appreciate anything you can do to help us get the word out.

Blessings,
Joyce

B. J. Robinson said...

I just prayed for her and for her family. How sad, and the timing, too, but I feel it must be God's perfect timing with the release of her book. She finished it and found a publisher, and may God cure her, so she can write another to glorify him. In Jesus name, I pray.
Barb

B. J. Robinson said...

Sandi, I love the title of your novel. May God truly bless you so you can write more to glorify Him. Prayers and blessings, Barb

Jeanette Levellie said...

FYI: The publisher has them on sale on Amazon for only 9.99--not sure how long that price will last!

Jen

Eileen Rife said...

Lifting you up right now, Sandi, to our loving Father. Congratulations on your new release. I know the Lord will use it for His glory!

Millie Samuelson said...

Just bo't one of Sandi's books (direct from her publisher, DeWard Publishing, less expensive even than Amazon and it's still listed on Amazon as someone above noted) -- and PRAYED for her and her family -- wow, seems like such a tragic situation, but we all know what God can do with tragedy. . .

Sandi Rog said...

Sandi, here. I'm in the hospital getting blood, that's why I can't come around much. But it's so encouraging and wonderful to see all of you here. Thank you so much for all your prayers and support. Bless you! xxx

Joyce Hart said...

Sandi's book is on the top 20 list, Historical fiction, on Amazon, right along with Francine Rivers! Her publisher reports 500 plus books sold, Ingram Distributors bought 100 today. Thank you for your wonderful support and prayers.

Carol J. Garvin said...

Joyce, I posted yesterday with info taken directly from Sandi's blog. (http://wp.me/phaYw-QU) I'm praying for her and I've urged my readers to support Sandi with prayers and messages of encouragement, too. I'm a five-year survivor of cancer and I know how much the support of others helps.

Elaine W. Miller said...

Praying for you dear Sandi. May our Lord Jesus heal you completely of MS and cancer.