Wednesday, November 25, 2015

A Few of My Favorite Things by Diana Flegal

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and I love all things about this holiday. Gathering with family and friends, great food, and great FOOTBALL! Seriously, can it get any better? Wait- and then there are LEFTOVERS!!


Although this year will be different than many of the others I have known, it will be spent with great friends, eating good food, and watching FOOTBALL! 


And my contribution to the meal will be my baked corn casserole dish. I thought I'd share my recipe with you. There are many versions circulating now, but I stick to this tested and beloved one. Do not count carbs or calories tomorrow. Enjoy and recoup the next week.



Diana’s Baked Corn 


One stick of butter – melted in 2 quart casserole dish 


Add 6 oz’s of sour cream and one box of Jiffy corn muffin mix to melted butter  


Mix well 


Add one can of creamed corn and one can of sweet corn (do not drain) 


Mix again 


OPTION: add one small can of green chilies 


Pour batter into lightly oiled casserole dish. Bake at 350°F for 55 to 60 minutes.



And in case you are asking, "Any new recipes for those leftovers Diana?"



These Hot Brown's are really terrific. Open faced hot turkey sandwich with cheese gravy and crispy bacon...what's not to love?

I pray, no matter what personal challenges you face, your heart is full to overflowing as you list the things you can be thankful for.  

Happy Thanksgiving ya'll!








2 comments:

R. J. Skaer said...

And happy thanksgiving to you! The recipe looks delicious.

I'm thankful for having my husband out of the Army and home for thanksgiving!

Diana Flegal said...

R.J., we rejoice with you on that! I pray you have a very wonderful day creating new memories together.