Friday, January 3, 2014

Happy New Year to all of the readers of this blog from Joyce Hart.




I’ve been reading comments on Face Book about resolutions and goals for 2014.  Also, some people are saying what their word is for the New Year.  My word for 2014 is Trust.  There is an old hymn “Trusting Jesus.”  The first verse says “Simply trusting every day, Trusting thru a stormy way, Even when my faith is small, Trusting Jesus, that is all.”  Trusting Him for our businesses, trusting Him for family, trusting Him for health, trusting him for guidance every day.  We even have to trust people that come into our lives.  Trusting Him that as a writer you will find a publisher and that He will give you clear direction about what to write.

Now about goals.   I feel that writing your goals down is important. When I took the Dale Carnegie Sales course, the instructor told us to write down the amount of money we wanted to make for the year.  I thought to myself, but I’m on salary, how could I make more money?  However, I wrote down a goal.  Did I make that much money that year?   Yes, I did.  My boss decided to give us bonuses based on our sales and I was paid the amount of money that was my written goal.  It was amazing to me.  Again it comes back to trust.  I think one of the most important lessons I have learned through the years is that God is our source.  It doesn’t matter whether we are free-lance or if we work for someone, God is still our source ultimately.

Let me encourage you to Trust God.  Write down, I will get published in 2014 as one of your goals.  One of my clients wrote down that she would get published last year and in December of 2013, she had a signed contract in her hands.

Wisdom from Proverbs in Chapter 3, verses 5 & 6 tells us “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct our paths.” NKJV

May God bless and direct all your ways in 2014.

In His service,
Joyce Hart

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joyce, Your post is a well-written reminder for our new year, and I appreciated it.

Davalyn Spencer said...

Thank you, Joyce, for reminding us of the miracle of trust in a faithful God. May yours be a year full of blessings.

Audrey said...

Joyce, I greatly appreciate this message from you! I believe that I am my own biggest roadblock. I think that I don't articulate my goals just in case they don't come true. And then, they don't come true, because I didn't believe in them and myself enough to make it happen. I'm going to print this off and keep it where I can read it when I am doubting myself and my goals. Also, the verses from Proverbs need to be written on my heart. Happy New Year to you and your co-workers as you go about doing your work for Him!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Joyce, for your quietly eloquent thoughts. What a challenge for Christian writers to mingle abiding trust with dogged determination and sanctified ambition. In God’s grace, I pray for 2014 to be a year, not just of publication and contracts, but His outpouring as I continue to take to the streets of Bangkok with life-stirring stories. It’s encouraging to see our Hartline ambassadors exhorting us to be faithful with our talents.

Jodie Wolfe said...

Thank you, Joyce for the reminder.