Monday, March 11, 2013

Believe! Dreams do come true! by Linda S. Glaz


I have my favorite saying hung on my office wall:
Believe!

Dreams do come true!
Under it is my first book cover. And soon to be added is a frame divided into  four where I plan to put the next covers. What if, after 22 years, I had no covers to put in the frame? Would it be as easy to tell other wannabe authors to believe? I'd like to think so. If an individual has poured 22 years into a career, even without results, I don't believe year 23 is the time to quit.

Yes, I am a bit on the Pollyanna side. I believe in dreams. Even as a child with a crazy older brother  (and I don't mean funny, haha, crazy-I mean totally inexcusably, crazy) I found ways to put a positive spin on his life. As an adult, I’m able to use that crazy when developing dark characters and I don’t have to wonder how my protags feel inside. Okay, call me crazy (no, on second thought, don’t!) but call me a Pollyanna, because a writer needs to have an optimistic side. Particularly when aiming their novels high.

If one truly believes, then it’s easy to remain optimistic long after others have gone home and given up. Because believing in and of itself is a reason to go on.

If you don’t believe in yourself…who will?




6 comments:

Davalyn Spencer said...

Your never-give-up message is like water to thirsty souls: critical. So many people do quit. Wasn't it Churchill who told his countrymen to never give up? The sign on my office wall says, "No matter how you feel, get up, dress up, and fight for your dreams." Thanks for the encouragement!

Audrey said...

Linda, thanks for this message. I need to quit wanting to believe in myself and simply believe. If I follow the steps I need to follow, I know that I can do this. Onward and upward!

Unknown said...

"... believing in and of itself is a reason to go on." I like that. Thanks for the encouragement.

Linda Glaz said...

I sometimes think God allowed me to go those 22 years in order to one day become an agent cheerleader! I love that he's put so many wonderful authors in my heart and in my path.
I LOVE MY JOB!

Mechele said...

God does take us in directions maybe we would not have planned for ourselves, but if we trust Him, we cannot go wrong. Congratulations on your books. :)

Linda Glaz said...

Thanks, Mechele, He does, indeed!