Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Keepin On by Diana Flegal


When you get to a fork in the road. Take it.
Yogi Berra


 There will always be decisions and choices to make as an author. The questions start out small, “Can I really write and complete a novel for publication or am I to just write for my own enjoyment?”


Confidence builds as you attend a writers conference, join a critique group and finish your story.


“Am I ready to submit this? How do I prepare a proposal, query letter, make my pitch?”


Then, “Who do I send this to?”, as you page through the Market Writers Guide.

Yogi was onto something. The point is- you can't let fear keep you from trying.
The most important thing is you keep going, keep learning and not give up. Many road blocks come our way, but if you keep learning, honing your skills, you will cross things off your list of goals. And hopefully, the very last one will be, ‘Get Published’.


This moment of inspiration was brought to you by one who has faced many forks in the road. And here we are.


Have a great over-the hump day!

6 comments:

Rick Barry said...

Diana, I will add one bit of advice to your worthy words: Wait until you reach the fork before you take it. I've received questions such as, "Can you show me how you formatted your book proposal?"from young writers who are struggling to finish chapter 2 of their stories. Take the journey one step at a time, dear friends.

Diana Flegal said...

Very good point Rick- Thanks :-)

Davalyn Spencer said...

Worthy encouragement, Diana. I have a printout above my desk that says, "No matter how you feel, get up, dress up, and fight for your dreams." Sometimes this sign is the simple one-two step that keeps me going.

Linda Glaz said...

Great advice to keep folks on the path, Diana, and Rick, wonderful for them to remember, one step at a time.

Lisa Fowler said...



Such needed encouragement for the middle of the week, Diana! Thank you.

Diana Flegal said...

Davalyn, I love that- can I steal ...I mean borrow it? :-)