Thursday, August 16, 2012

Computer Glitch by Terry Burns

Have you sent me a submission or an email in the last couple of days? Well, I may not have gotten it.

I hate it when that happens.

I had a computer glitch pop up. I won't go into the details, but all of a sudden all of the email I had worked and deleted showed back up again. That's not so bad. I just check them against the logs and the ones that I've worked I can just delete them again.

But how about messages that have come in and haven't been worked yet. Near as I can tell, those are just gone. Bummer!

I don't know what I can do about it other than put the word out by social media and hope anyone who has sent me something and not gotten a letter of acknowledgement (I try to always acknowledge submissions) will see the note and re-send.

The only alternative that I see is waiting until they write me to check on it and I have to admit that I don't have it. There aren't that many, maybe a couple of dozen, but that's a couple of dozen more than I would like to see this happen to.

Did I mention that  I really hate it when something like this happens?

3 comments:

Linda Glaz said...

Terry, stuff happens. I don't know of many of agents who would do their best to get the word out to people he doesn't even know just not to hurt their feelings. Hang in there, anyone truly interested will contact you!

Rick Barry said...

Do you mean that you lost that $3.2 million contract for me to write a 10-part series? Rats. Well, in that case I guess I won't write them after all...

;)

Terry Burns said...

Yes, I'm sorry Rick, I just had it here somewhere . . .