Wednesday, August 28, 2013
10 Writing Prompts by Diana Flegal
I brew my coffee, sit down with a Sudoku book and work through one of each level puzzle. I have music playing in the background; praise or Christian Rock- depending on my mood.
Then I refill my coffee mug and scratch around for a bite to eat, grab my note book and pen and begin my quiet time.
As a writer, writing prompts can clear your mind of pesky 'to do' lists and laundry calling and serve to get your creative juices flowing. Even well seasoned writers find this exercise a fun start to their day.
Set your timer for five (5) minutes for the first. 10 mins for the second and if your in writer's block add a third prompt for 15 mins.
Keep a small note book with you at all times. (most published writers know this)
Add sporadic thoughts that come to you throughout your day under the heading: Writing Prompts
Here are a few in mine. Grab your timer and get creative. This simple low budget exercise might unleash in you a bestseller.
1) The smoke cleared and I could see he'd been crying.
2) Love is not a many splendored thing. Seriously, they never seen...
3) "Are you ready for some football" blared from the family room TV and I was about to....
4) The mall was crowded when three shots/ shouts (you choose) rang out.
5) Heat had cracked the pavement and turned the earth to dust.
6) Don't walk out...I hate when she does that!
7) Blue mangos, neatly diced, filled a square bowl next to a pile of peels on the kitchens island , but the room was eerily quiet.
8) Banging the car radio I added that to my virtual dream list of things I'd get fixed ...
9) The smell choked me, a mix of ammonia, Lysol and dog.
10) Sand sifted through the hourglass ...
Have a blessed 'over the hump' day. May your creative juices flow as never before and you accomplish 2,000 more words than your days goal.