I will be attending and teaching a couple of workshops at the Florida Christian Writer’s Conference – March 3rd –6th.
I received a note from Billie Wilson, the conference director. She is offering $200 scholarships for their conference and she wants the word spread around.
Billie is offering a Partial Scholarship of $200 for the Conference. Tuition & Lodging Double occupancy will be $575. Conference tuition only, $375 with the scholarship. Registration must be received by February 15, 2011. You must contact Billie directly, no online registration for this offer. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for an entry form.
The conference web site is www.FLWRITERS.org
Twitter – http://twitter.com/flwritersconf
The 24th annual Florida Christian Writers Conference is designed to meet the needs of beginning writers to published authors. This is your opportunity to learn more about the publishing industry, build your platform and follow God's leading to publish the message he has given you. Location: Lake Yale Conference Center near Leesburg, Florida.
The Florida Christian Writers Conference offers:
- Appointments with Agents and Editors
- Manuscript Submission to Agents & Editors
- 7 Continuing Classes (6 Hours of instruction in a genre) Select One
- Mentoring Tracks limited to 10 participants in each track - take place during Continuing Class time slot
- Fiction Project - Eva Marie Everson, Ken Kuhlken
- Writing Articles - Larry Leech
- Non Fiction Project - Janis Whipple
- Writing for Children - Christine Tangvald, Carol Wedeven
Even though it is Florida it can be chilly in March. One year I wore my leather coat the whole conference because I was so cold. It would be wise to take sweaters or a light coat, or both. Business casual is the norm. This is a good conference and I highly recommend it.
In His service,